5pm: info session for people interested in being Homebuyer Coaches
6pm: update and roundtable on Homebuyer Program
. Open to interested homebuyers
, existing and new coaches
, regular Habitat volunteers, and anyone interested in learning how Flower City Habitat’s Homebuyer Program works
We are looking for dedicated, caring, and organized volunteer coaches to help our Homebuyers successfully work their way through our Homebuyer Program.
From the application process, to financial classes, savings plans, sweat-equity, house selection, to closing on an affordable mortgage and moving in; you’ll be there with them at every step of this transformative process.
While not required, many of our coaches and families have such a great experience that they keep their relationship going even after the move in!
– One meeting with homebuyer per month. 1 hour. (required)
– Three meetings per year with FCHH on Program updates. 1.5 hours. (required)
– One work day with homebuyer per year. 4-8 hours. (suggested)
Desired skills and qualities:
– Strong understanding of Habitat
– Delicate balance of ability to guide/support homebuyer and compassionately hold them accountable
Join us for this info session to learn more and see if this volunteer opportunity is a good fit for you! The meeting will be at our office at 755 Culver Road. If you can’t make this one, subscribe to our Facebook events or email KBraley@RochesterHabitat.org to be notified of our next one.
Learn more about our Homebuyer Program (including if you want to apply) at: http://www.rochesterhabitat.org/Programs/Homeowership.aspx
Find other events at Rochester on Evensi!