September 16, 2017 at Sakura Park in New York.
Enjoy the support and hospitality of the New York Cycle Club (NYCC) as we go all out to deliver a food-filled, fun-filled and fabulous day of riding to our friends in the cycling community.
All rides start and finish at Sakura Park in Manhattan, conveniently located at 122nd Street and Riverside Drive (across the street from Grant’s Tomb) and easily accessible from the 125th Street stop on the 1 train.
Proceeds benefit Recycle-A-Bicycle’s Kids Ride Club and I Challenge Myself, two local NYC charities that help local at-risk youth through cycling, healthy living, and nutrition.
We will jumpstart your ride with a breakfast that offers plenty of carbs and coffee to get you going. Along the route re-fuel and meet NYCC members at our well-stocked rest stops. After completing your ride, celebrate your accomplishment at our post-ride festival, featuring food, entertainment, and a raffle with exceptional prizes. Don’t forget to check out our Sponsor Village for product information, giveaways, and discounts.
Choose one of four clearly-marked routes that will take you over the George Washington Bridge and into the West Hudson Highlands of Bergen and Rockland Counties:
1. Century Challenge, 100 miles. Are you an experienced rider looking to conquer new territory? Climb over 5,000 feet while completing a full century through charming towns and beautiful countryside that takes you to the edge of Harriman State Park.
2. Rockland Roll, 65 miles. Is a metric century more your style? Triumph over 3,000 feet of elevation gain as you wind your way up hill and down dale to scenic Rockland Lake State Park.
3. Piermont Pleasures, 50 miles. Do you prefer a “touring” approach to cycling? Enjoy the scenery on our half century excursion to the historic village of Piermont on the Hudson.
4. Bergen Spin, 25 miles. New to cycling? Is this your first time riding outside of the Hudson Greenway or Central Park? Expand your horizons as you amble through the leafy suburbs of Bergen County.
All registrants over the age of 18 who aren’t already New York Cycle Club members will receive a free trial membership! From August 1 through December 31, 2017, enjoy great club benefits including member-led training rides in the tri-state area; access to an extensive ride library; monthly club meetings featuring exciting speakers; fun social events; discounts at local bike shops; and more.
Register early to secure your spot and receive a $15 discount off of the standard price:
• $45 Early Registration (March 1 – May 31)
• $60 Standard Registration (June 1 – August 31)
• $75 Late Registration (September 1 – September 15)
• $85 Day-of Registration (September 16)
Event details and schedule
7:00 am 100-Mile Route Registration and Departure
8:00 am 65-Mile Route Departure
9:00 am 50-Mile Route Departure
10:00 am 25-Mile Route Departure
10:30 am Check-in & day-of registration closes
12:30 pm Finish Line Festival starts
1:30 pm Raffle Drawing
5:30 pm Course Closes
6:00 pm Festival Closes
• All times are Eastern Daylight Time.
• We ride rain or shine. No refunds for no shows.
• Helmets are mandatory for all riders – No Exceptions!
• New Jersey Law requires SINGLE-FILE riding.
• Cue sheets will be available at the start, and GPS files will be available a week prior to the event.
• All routes have limited SAG support. Your cue sheet will provide an emergency phone number.
• New York Cycle Club reserves the right to limit day-of registrations based on early registrations.